SOFTWARE Quality Assurance Engineer
Current Available Positions: Loomis, CA - Updated 02/15/2021
Powerhouse Gaming is a Northern California based software development company specializing in cutting edge products for the charitable gaming and entertainment industry. Powerhouse prides itself on creativity, innovation and professionalism; raising the standard of excellence in the gaming industry nationwide. Powerhouse Gaming is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for verifying all software for functional completeness and regulatory compliance. You will also be tasked with documenting and replicating bugs found both in testing and in the field.
This position will also be responsible for managing release of the product into the field. This will include scheduling when updates are deployed and making sure that the correct version of code goes into the field for each jurisdiction. In this role you will have the ability to shape how game systems are made and have input on the processes we use. You must have a keen technical mind, a passion for system design and architecture, and have a forward thinking approach. In this position you will help develop an exciting line of new products.
We are looking for a candidate who is strong both technically and creatively. All candidates must be willing to relocate to the Sacramento area.
- Conduct full range of testing on all software products for applicable platforms. This includes feature testing, full regression testing, and ad hoc testing.
- Development of automated testing suites, including integration testing, black box and gray box testing.
- Develop and maintain test cases, testing checklists, and other related documents.
- Create and maintain automated testing systems and systems for monitoring build stability.
- Collaborate with QA Director and other QA Engineer(s) to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Write, execute, and maintain manual and automated test procedures
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the product development lifecycle
- 3+ years of Software Testing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in information technology, computer science, or other related technical degree. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Experience in industry standard quality assurance practices and procedures
- Proven ability to create test cases, checklists, test plans, and test summaries.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and familiar with basic SQL commands
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
- Familiar with JIRA
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and solve new problems with minimal supervision.
- Proactive, positive, driven mentality that thrives in a collaborative team environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Basic programming skill (i.e. C#, SQL stored procedures)
- Test Management Tool experience
- Jenkins continuous integration experience
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.