Game Integration Engineer II
Current Available Positions: Loomis, CA.
Powerhouse Gaming is a Northern California based software development company specializing in cutting edge products for the charitable gaming and entertainment industry. Powerhouse prides itself on creativity, innovation and professionalism; raising the standard of excellence in the gaming industry nationwide. Powerhouse Gaming is looking for a creative person to fill the role of Game Integration Engineer. As an Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for taking final graphics from artists and integrating them into our games. You will also participate in designing new game concepts with our team and be responsible for helping develop new game types and new features. Successful candidates will have solid analytical and logical cognitive skills, strong technical and non-technical communication skills, as well as excellent problem resolution and technical decision making abilities. We are looking for a candidate who is strong both technically and creatively. All candidates must be willing to relocate to the Sacramento area.
- Be a part of an engineering team that will play a strategic role in developing cutting edge gaming applications.
- Utilize and follow agile/scrum methodologies and principles for product development.
- Work in all layers of software development life cycle to produce clean and well-documented code.
- Collaborate with other software engineers and software architects to ensure best practices are followed that will fit with existing architecture guidelines.
- Work with artists, unity developers and back-end engineers to develop entertaining charitable games.
- Manage game development tasks and identify project risks by communicating with Product Owner, Game Artists and Project Managers on a regular basis.
- 4-6 years of professional programming experience with at least one shipped product
- At least 4 years’ experience with C#.NET
- Strong proficiency in XML
- 3+ years of Unity 3D experience in developing interactive games
- Understanding of 2D and 3D game development concepts
- Prior experience of working in a Scrum/Agile framework for software development
- Strong understanding of basic programming practices and patterns, such as SoC and SOLID
- Ability to solve both technical and artistic problems.
- Ability to develop tooling based on the needs of artists and other contributors.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and complete tasks within a reasonable time frame
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team setting and contribute your unique ideas to the team
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skill sets in various technologies
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.