Current Available Positions: Loomis, CA.
Powerhouse Gaming is a Northern California based software development company specializing in cutting edge products for the charitable gaming and entertainment industry. Powerhouse prides itself on creativity, innovation, and professionalism; raising the standard of excellence in the gaming industry nationwide. Powerhouse Gaming is looking for a Game Artist to join our team. The Game Artist serves as a key contributor within the Creative Design team to create artwork that makes compelling games and outstanding player experiences. We are looking for a candidate who is strong both creatively and technically. This is an in-house position, not a remote position.
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Strong drawing and illustration skills
- Expert knowledge of Unity Software
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects)
- Skilled with bone-based puppet animation in Spine Animation software
- Team centered collaborator that is comfortable giving and receiving critique
- Create high-quality artwork and animations with a range of subject matter: environments, characters, props, visual effects, and motion graphics
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills and the ability to adapt to new creative challenges
Responsibilities, Abilities, and Skills:
- Be a part of the creative team that will play a strategic role in developing cutting edge games
- Ability to take ownership of a project and complete tasks within a reasonable time frame
- Ability to work in a team setting and contribute your unique ideas to the team
- Develop artwork for the charitable gaming and entertainment industry
- Understand the art pipeline and how to implement art into the game
- Accomplished ability to draw and digitally paint in a variety of styles
- Understanding of 2D and 3D game development concepts
- Contributing their ideas to team brainstorms and ideation
- Create and evolve artwork from concept to market
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Strong sense of color, light, design, and typography
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skill sets
- Self-driven and strong multi-tasker
- Adapt visual styles as necessary
- Ability to rapidly concept ideas
Powerhouse Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that's why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States, willing to relocate to the Sacramento area and work on-site in the studio.
This is a full-time position based in Loomis, CA. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We request that each candidate provides answers to the following questions:
1. How many years of industry experience do you have?
2. How many years of Adobe Suite experience do you have?
3. How many years of Unity Software experience do you have?
4. How many years of Spine Animation experience do you have?
5. Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
If you are interested, please send your responses, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.