Director of Software Engineering
Current Available Positions: Loomis, CA.
Powerhouse gaming has an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to grow the software development team during a period of rapid growth. The ideal candidate would have managed several small teams totaling more than 20 developers using Agile software development methodologies. This role requires a person with the unusual combination of talents of being able to act both as a technical mentor and provide engineering vision for the executive team. The selected individual will be expected to guide the architecture of new products and maintenance of existing products with their strong understanding of .NET, .NET Core, SQL Server and Unity frameworks.
- Inspire the team to deliver quality software with the highest possible levels of customer engagement.
- Own overall resourcing and road map for all the software development.
- Provide creative vision and strategy for future software products.
- Grow and mentor distributed teams of product developers, software developers, QA technicians and creative designers.
- Collaborate with marketing, hardware, sales and finance departments in the interests of a common goal.
- Cultivate leadership and facilitation skills within the team by instilling a big picture vision in development team members.
- Coordinate with product managers and executive teams to develop portfolio level project plans including timelines, budgets, and resources.
- Understand and emphasize a thorough knowledge of the game product life cycle.
- Consume, analyze, process, and integrate data from various software systems and create KPI reporting that will inform operational decisions.
- Facilitate the flow of information among unity developers, game artists, back-end developers, and organizational leaders by creating and documenting a communications plan.
- Coordinate with organizational leaders to remove project barriers and roadblocks.
- Work with the executive team and individual contributors to ensure a positive and collaborative culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Over fifteen (15) years of experience in software development with demonstrated experience in delivering quality products.
- Over ten (10) years of experience managing successful projects, preferably in a gaming/product development environment.
- Over ten (10) years of experience successfully managing developers.
- Experience with project management systems, tools, and processes.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment like banking, gambling, etc.
- Exceptional soft, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to contribute technically to .NET, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, and Unity.
- Expert knowledge of software collaboration tools, e.g. Jenkins, Git, Jira etc.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of charity gaming and/or the gambling industry.
- Master's in Computer Science or related field.
- Scrum Master certification and hands-on knowledge of Scrum best practices.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience building cloud-based software products.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.